Membership to FIDA Kenya is open to Kenyan women lawyers and women law students as provided for in the FIDA Kenya constitution. Members should be committed to the vision of FIDA Kenya and be willing to volunteer services for the purposes of promoting and safeguarding women s rights in Kenya. Membership currently stands over 1050.
- Student members
- Practicing women lawyers
- Affiliate members
- Honorary members
Honorary and Affiliate members are acknowledged by the Council for exemplary work towards the advancement women’s rights.
- Recommendation for high ranking positions in the Judiciary and various Constitutional Commissions. About 20 Members of FIDA have been appointed to various capacities in the Judiciary to date.
- Networking Opportunities with the FIDA Kenya fraternity during FIDA Kenya annual general meetings, membership forums, membership retreats and FIDA Kenya’ s events and activities.
- Training opportunities in new and emerging issues in law and women rights. Members trained in Mediation, and litigation of Sexual Offences, Trial advocacy e.t.c
- Consultancy opportunities for FIDA Kenya and partner organizations
- Free access to publications and reports by FIDA Kenya
- Opportunities to sit in FIDA Kenya Board and in boards of various institutions in need of FIDA presence.