Applications are hereby invited for the following opportunities;
Consultancy to Assess Implementation of Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Report (Re-Advertisement)
Consultancy to Assess Implementation of Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Report
Federation of Women Lawyers Kenya (FIDA Kenya, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR), Ministry of Health (MoH) and World Vision Kenya are advertising for consultancy services to assess implementation KNCHR 2012 Report on Public Inquiry into Violations of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) in Kenya. The report was informed by FIDA Kenya and Centre for Reproductive Rights- USA report “Failure to Deliver. The assessment will be conducted in six Counties (Narok, Wajir, Kilifi, Homabay, Kiambu and Nairobi).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least an advanced degree in public health, sociology, human rights or law
- Minimum five years experience in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Experience in conducting research. Completion of assignments of similar nature and magnitude should be demonstrated, particularly with development agencies. Candidates should submit at least three copies of work they feel is most relevant to this assignment
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and interpretation of data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to start the assignment immediately
- (vii)Interpersonal and communication skills and can participate in high level discussions. (viii)Competency in computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications
- A CV that highlights the qualifications and experience relevant to this assignment
- A forty-day (40) work plan and budget for the assignment
- Concept motivating application (maximum 2 pages)
- Details of three referees and;
- Any other information that demonstrates qualification and suitability for the assignment
To read more and to apply please visit http://fidakenya.org/download/terms-of-reference-for-consultancy-assessment-of-status-of-public-inquiry-report/
Interested individual should submit their applications and quotations by way of email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Friday 2nd June 2017.
2. Deputy Executive Director
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:-
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECT and HEAD OF PROGRAMMES (to be based in Nairobi Office)
Under the guidance of Executive Director, manage and ensure the formulation and successful implementation of FIDA Kenya programmes.
Provide leadership, motivation, mentorship and productivity within the programs.
Contribute to the development of programs and appropriate work plans and activities to be implemented.
Providing technical support to programs and project officers i n managing grants portfolio, an alysis and information.
Assist in developing and periodically reviewing resource mobilization strategies.
Review and submit ted funding concepts and proposals in consultation with the Executive Director.
Ensure the development of quality proposals and submission of donor reports.
Representing FIDA Kenya in external donors’ forums and partner activities. Coordinate the running of the three offices in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu.
Assist the Executive Director to build and sustain effective partnerships with the government, like minded organizations and other civil society organizations.
Assist the Executive Director in enhancing FIDA Kenya’s visibility .
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with 7 years’ experience, 3 of which should be in senior management. A Masters qualification will be an added advantage.
- NGO experience in knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation and financial management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Rights, Gender & Women’s Rights Issues.
- Experience in litigation.
- Proven management capabilities with experience in a busy office.
- Results oriented, creative and innovative.
- Ability to manage professional staff with diverse skills.
- Must be a good team player, self-motivated & self-driven.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with updated Curriculum Vitae which should include 3 references, one of whom must be a previous supervisor. The candidate MUST indicate expected salary and a daytime contact.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director on or before 5.00 p.m. on 31st May 2017
Only email applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director
Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington.
P.O. Box 46324-00100