A society that respects and upholds women’s rights.
The promotion of women’s individual and collective power to reclaim their rights in all spheres of life.
- To promote access to justice through provision of legal aid services to women.
- To be the premier organization in research and documentation on women’s legal issues to guide public and private sector operations.
- To consolidate the gains for women in the Constitution and secure effective implementation of all gender responsive laws.
- To nurture strategic alliances with like-minded organizations and individuals in order to harness the collective power of women to achieve social justice.
- To proactively influence institutional structures to recognize, comply and be responsive to women’s rights at county, national, continental and international levels.
- To strengthen the capacity and visibility of the organization to secure sustainability.
At FIDA Kenya we are conscious that in order to realize our Vision and Mission certain core values are central to guide our work as they set our institutional norms and guide our interventions in all our work.
- Women centered: We work towards securing gender equality and places the right of women first.
- Professional rigor: We offer our services in a professional and competent manner.
- Transparency and Accountability: We work to maintain transparency and accountability in all our operations including provision of timely, quality and accurate information.
- Learning and promoting a culture of inquiry: We are committed to institutionalize a culture of inquiry, mutual respect and constructive debate that leads to innovative ways of improving our work leading to sound and shared decision making.
- Respect for diversity: We are respective and sensitive to all people regardless of their community, culture, age, class and privilege, nationality, gender, political affiliations and race.
- Teamwork and collective good: We capitalize of on our collective strength, complementarities, share successes and collectively address challenges.
Our Approach to Work
- Partnership and alliance building
- Gender responsiveness
- Movement building
- Human rights based
- Emphasis on substantive equality
- Women as a collective constituency